Embarkation: 15th June at 17:00 — Rouen
Disembarkation: 22nd June at 11:00 — Scheveningen
The first regatta of the year. Ready for racing?
Join the race on board the most international ship of the fleet!
Your adventure starts in the middle of Rouen, surrounded by tall ships, seeing queues of people trying to visit Atyla, and entering the ship to become a member of the crew.
Atyla becomes your home for the next 7 days. After the first night on board, getting to know your shipmates, is the day of the big parade of sail, when all the huge tall ships leave one after the other, and descent the river Seine in a majestic spectacle.
Due to contractual obligations, you won’t be able to stay on board during the parade (all ships need to disembark their non-professional crew). But this might be even more interesting because you’ll have the chance to see all the ships passing by. After all the ships have left the city, the festival has a bus that will take you and your shipmates back to Atyla, down the river (in Saint Jean de Folleville). After that, we’ll descend the rest of the river, and spend the night in Honfleur, before heading towards the regatta the morning after.
The regatta will be thrilling: we cannot use the engine if we don’t want to be disqualified, we’ll be competing with all the other ships, and we’ll have to fight against the strong currents in the English Channel. Of course, the experience on board is more important than winning, but the challenge of racing will help us show our best and become more aware of opportunities for improvement, both as a team and individually.
Upon arrival to Scheveningen, the beach of The Hague, we’ll have a couple of days to enjoy the maritime festival (for example visiting the other ships, participating in the activities only-for-crews, or go to the beach for a swim). On the 21st
If you want you can stay on board longer, sail with us to Kiel to enjoy another trip on different waters.INCLUDES:
- All included accommodation with full board (3 meals a day) & private bunk.
- Certificated participation in Atyla’s Personal Development Programme.
- Crew parade & crew party in Scheveningen.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Official Atyla T-shirt.
- If you’re coming from far away, you can easily reach the ship by flying to Paris and taking train/bus to Rouen.
- Official language on board: Easy English.
- Timeline and embarking/disembarking locations of this trip.
- For questions or any help needed: >> firstname.lastname@example.org
Sail as participant (trainee) - 770.0€
Sail as passenger - 1230.0€