Embarkation: 20th July — Esbjerg (Denmark)
Disembarkation: 28th July — Stavanger (Norway)
Days Sailing: 5 // Days in Port: 3
A beautiful trip along this coastline with a stopover.
The Festival Tall Ships Esbjerg has hosted the TSR 4 times already and the last one was a total success, with over 600 thousand visitors and a festival full of great activities for the crews (we would know, because we were there). Don’t expect anything less in 2018!
But please note that in order to enjoy the festival in Esbjerg you’ll need to sail on ATYLA from Sunderland. Otherwise, this trip to Stavanger only includes the last night in Esbjerg before the ship departs.
To arrive in Esbjerg you can use cheap and eco-friendly transport by train or bus. Or if you are coming from far away, the airport of Billund is just 1 hour away by bus), and connects you to the whole of Europe by many direct flights.
Ingredients for an unforgettable sailing experience:
1. Take part in the Parade of Sail leaving Esbjerg and feel how amazing it is to be surrounded by mighty tall ships.
2. Set sail to the north along the coast of Denmark and enjoy the beauty of the coastline.
3. Seize each sailing day with Personal Development workshops and Sail Training lessons.
4. Stop at some specific locations along the coast of Denmark and Norway (places like Hirtshals, Lindesnes, Sirevåg, Tananger, Skudeneshavn and Sandnes).
5. Become a tight group of friends with your shipmates.
In every stop along the way, we will be received with open arms by the local communities, happy to see such a majestic ship arriving in their town. We'll also try to host a couple of deck events to raise funds for our educational charity, and will raise awareness about the need for more projects like ours.
Doing this trip you’ll be able to enjoy the Stavanger Tall Ships Festival from on board Atyla. In Stavanger we will dock at the historic heart of the city, so all facilities and festival activities are within walking distance.
This beautiful Norwegian city has hosted the Tall Ships Races 3 times already. The Tall Ships Festival is one of the highlights of the year in the city, so everyone is working to make it great.
Additionally, the city is surrounded by astonishing nature, so all the activities and days trips, guided by locals, seem very promising.
The festival activities will include (apart from the crew parade and crew party): sports activities, big music concerts, mountain tours and fjord tours (including an organised hike to the famous Preikestolen).
The city has its own airport with cheap and direct flights to several European cities, so it should be easy for you to get back home no matter where you live.
Of course, you can also stay on board, and sail on Atyla to Harlingen to enjoy the last race of the year and celebrate the end of the Tall Ships Races 2018.INCLUDES:
- Accommodation with full board (3 meals a day) & Private Bunk.
- Certificated participation in Atyla’s Educational Programme.
- Insurance for your time on board (see terms and conditions).
- Official Atyla T-shirt.
- Official T-shirt of The Tall Ships Races 2018.
- Participation in the Parade of Sail with all ships leaving Esbjerg.
- Participation in the Crew Parade, Crew Party and other activities for-crews-only in Stavanger.
- Official language on board: English.
- No sailing experience required.
- Timeline of this voyage (and all the others).
- Berthing location of the ship in Esbjerg (and all the other ports).
- See here other voyages available.
For questions or special requests please contact email@example.com
Financial support for youngsters:
If you are maximum 26 years old (or 30 and still a student), and with a household income of less than 1500€/month, you can apply for a scholarship of between 16-30€ per day on board to do this trip on Atyla. Send us an email for more information.
Book as Trainee (normal price - last bookings) - 930.0€6 places available
Book as Passenger - 1860.0€2 places available